HI

PostPost by: Babaky » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:20 pm

Hi there

I am Babak, a general lover of classic cars that handle well and are relatively quick. I am the proud recent owner of a type 14 and am very keen to add to this an elite Sprint....but a LHD one as I live in Europe now.
Thanks
Babaky
New-tral

PostPost by: nmauduit » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:23 pm

Hello Babak, and welcome !

there are some elans in France (and nearby), I'm sure you'll find one if you're looking hard enough. Which part of the country are you based in?

ps: back in the 90s in the US a friend of mine had a brother with the same name as yours...

Nic
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: The Veg » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:02 pm

Welcome Babak!
1970 Elan Plus 2 (not S) 50/2036
2012 BMW R1200GS
"It just wouldn't be a complete day if I didn't forget something!" -Me
The Veg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Babaky » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:22 pm

nmauduit wrote:Hello Babak, and welcome !

there are some elans in France (and nearby), I'm sure you'll find one if you're looking hard enough. Which part of the country are you based in?

ps: back in the 90s in the US a friend of mine had a brother with the same name as yours...

Nic

Hi Nic
Thanks for the welcome, I have had no luck finding a Sprint in EUROPE, there are some elans in France but not a single sprint that I have found.
Was your friend in Washington DC?
Babak
Babaky
New-tral

PostPost by: Sadbrewer » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:07 am

Babaky wrote:
nmauduit wrote:Hello Babak, and welcome !

Nic

Hi Nic
Thanks for the welcome, I have had no luck finding a Sprint in EUROPE, there are some elans in France but not a single sprint that I have found.
Was your friend in Washington DC?
Babak

If it's the performance of the Elan you want but can't find a Sprint, I would try and find a test drive on an S4 standard or S4 SE...I can assure you they are quick enough for most people.
Sadbrewer
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: cliveyboy » Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:23 pm

Unless you specifically must have a genuine Sprint. The chances are if an Elan has had an engine rebuild its likely the owner took the opportunity to upgrade it to Big valve "Sprint" spec.
1972 Elan Sprint FHC
cliveyboy
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: