ADAC (Pessimistic Lotus Ownership!)

PostPost by: Gopherit » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:20 pm

Has anyone had experience of using the German breakdown organisation ADAC?
I was looking for breakdown cover for Europe and read about them on a motorbike forum and, if I remember correctly, the TVR OC forum. Both forums had very positive comment.

Coverage is for you personally regardless of vehicle and would seem to cover the UK as well. Cost is 78 Euros per annum. I have joined but wondered about other people's experiences.
It's not a rehearsal
Gopherit
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: racy7 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:06 pm

my partner has been a member for a couple of decades and the service is first class.no complaints at all.
I was not aware that you could be a member if you did not live in germany!
racy7
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Emma-Knight » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:45 pm

:wink: ...just don't forget to tell them how sensitive an Elan is when pushing around or jacking. They helped me at three o'clock in the night, february, stormy weather. Little Elan dropped its exaust pipe right behind the y-piece.

Anna
1965 S2
Emma-Knight
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:52 am

If you're visiting Germany in your car I'm sure they will look after you well.
If you're planning to join they won't be interested in offering any help to members that have cars registered anywhere else other than Germany.
That's my experience. :cry:
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: