one without pop-up lamps
Attachments
two funny plastic cars.jpg and
1965 S2
Emma-Knight
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:00 pm

The CV8 is one of my old favorites. Very thick fibreglass, and you rarely see gel coat cracks on them. They are a little thirsty though....

Mark
Attachments
NNP2.jpg and
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tower of strength » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:14 pm

I've always thought the CV8 a tad aesthetically challenged for my tastes, prefer the Gordon Keeble my self, then again my all time favourite car is the S2.2 Elite...... so maybe my eyesight is a tad challenged !! :lol:

Good to see old cars being used, regardless of the marque in my opinion, seeing a classic, even a 70's Datsun, on the road puts a smile on my face!
tower of strength
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Emma-Knight » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:52 pm

...its even older than a CV8 - its a 541. And as you said: tons of strong fibre glass, an Austin straight six and lovely turnkey starter - though not run very often. I'll post more pictures next week.
By the way: door shut sound is more like a Bentley of that age :wink:
It has a beautifull mouse grey interior and is very original.

Anna
1965 S2
Emma-Knight
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: b-havers » Sat May 17, 2008 5:11 pm

Once upon a time, back in 1986 and at the lovely age of 23, I imported a 541 from UK to Norway. Not in mint condition, but in lovely "used" and fully driveable condition.

Buying my first flat just a couple of month later, I had to sell the car in order to raise fund for the flat. The 541 was sold to a newly divorced man, and he put the car in - what was told to be - a dry barn.

From time to time I have thought of the Jensen, and after showing the wife some old photoes, she said it would be nice to have the 541 in the garage, besides the other plastic cars...

20 years on, summer of 2006, I traced the old man (close to 70 he was now), and gave him a phone.

Yes, he still had the car.
No, he hadn't seen it for quite a few years, and
Yes, it was for sale if I wanted it back.

So, we arranged a time for wieving it, and the wife and I drove the 200 kilometres to where it was located.

We picked up the old man, and drove to the dry barn where the car was.

Obviously the barn hadn't been as dry as he thought, and we all got a terrible shock;

I'd still want a 'new' 541, but the cost of renovating this one is far to high.
And, it's still for sale, for the dream amount of NOK 50.000,- (GBP 5.000,- at today's rate)....

Dream on, old man...
Bjorn-Anders, Norway
'95 Caterham Seven Roadsport
'02 Elise Supercharged
ex Europa S2
ex Elan +2S 130
ex Esprit Turbo
ex Caterham SS

Life is too short to drive boring cars
b-havers
Third Gear
Third Gear