British Car day the Musium of Transportation Brookline, Ma.

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:44 pm

I took Beauregard for a ride this morning to British Car Day at the Museum of Transportation in Brookline, Massachusetts. We were out the door at 7 am and the fog was pretty thick, by the time we got to the Rotary in Hingham Harbor you couldn't see a 100 yards. Brookline is about 4 miles west of Boston and has a little bit of elevation so it wasn't to bad when we arrived at the museum. There was a pretty good turn out of approximately 200 cars. I was selective on the photos and took pictures of what I liked, Russ Newton was there and may have some others but here are the 50 that I took. Not all lotus by any means. There were 21 Lotus cars there besides my Elan and was probably the second best turnout that I can remember.

So on with the show...

The first car is a 1949 HRG, I talked with the owner and he had owned it new and sold it after a couple of years of ownership. Last year he repurchased it, Dave didn't say how much it cost the second time but you can bet it was a bit more.

The next car was a Lotus Seven S2, not any body shots but a couple of engine photos and one of the dash

the next is a roller with some real class

This Morgan was the first of 6 that showed up for the show
The green Morgan was next

This flat fron Morgan was one of my favorites, they are kind of rare here in the States

This is a very nice looking early airflow Elan Coupe, It is 18 unit number before my Coupe with the ugly flairs, makes me want to take the arch flairs off and install the stock ones.

Joe Freeman has owned this S4 coupe for 38 years and bought it new. It has 36,000 miles on it now, you probably won't find a more original S4 Coupe anywhere

This Chrome Orange Exige S is just one of my favorite colors and the owner and I talked for a bit, he's a mid-engine car guy and had a Europa before moving on to the Exige S

My Good friends Carl and Carol ariving in there LHD S2 Elite just as the fog was just about burn off.

This Bristol 403 won best of show last year, I don't know how it did this year

Beauregard is standing watch over his dog house
Last edited by garyeanderson on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elancoupe » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:25 am

Nice doghouse, lol.

Cool pics, Gary. We have a very similar event near Pittsburgh, location is at an old British style mansion/estate.
Mike
elancoupe
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:47 am

elancoupe wrote:Nice doghouse, lol.

Cool pics, Gary. We have a very similar event near Pittsburgh, location is at an old British style mansion/estate.

The building in the photos is the carriage house (pretty shabby, huh), the house was located at the top of the hill about a hundred yards behind Beauregards "doghouse" and overlooked Boston about 4 miles away. It was owned by the Andersons (no relation, i'm sure).
More info on its history and other info can be had at the following link

http://www.larzanderson.org/Topics/Topi ... N=56531547

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ppnelan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:29 am

Water temperature on the S3 looks a little high :!: :shock:

:arrow: Matthew
ppnelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: memini55 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:26 pm

Gary,

Thanks for your efforts! Looks like a wonderful event and fitting with the fog rolling in the background.

I would agree the flatnose looked very good.

Mark
memini55
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:31 pm

ppnelan wrote:Water temperature on the S3 looks a little high :!: :shock:

Hi Matthew

I looked at the original photo and the guage read 200 Fahrenheit or 93 Centigrade. The time stamps on the original photos of the driver opening the door and the time of the dash photo was 2 minutes. The Elan was probably idleing at the registration table for a minute or two and not moving to far from there to its parking spot. I'd say the temp was near perfect considing the temperature and humidity and taking into acount the heat soak from that original cast iron manifold.

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ppnelan » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:45 am

Well Gary, I stand corrected... Thanks. :oops:
I hadn't considered all the forensic evidence - must have got fed up of scrolling through all the other non-Lotus photos... :wink:
I subscribe to the Tony Thompson theory - "70?C water for optimum power & engine protection on a 30?C summer day". Pity my cars don't :!: :)

ppnelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:09 pm

:(
Last edited by garyeanderson on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ppnelan » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:03 pm

Gary, no need to take offence :shock:
And don't assume I am at work... :wink:

This is a Lotus forum - that is why I questioned the quantity of non-Lotus pictures in the 'Elan Gallery' section... :?
Then again, you can/will 'argue' that it is a US forum and seeing this quantity of British cars in your part of the world is much less common than in the UK, and therefore worth posting. Go ahead, enjoy it. I am sorry... :cry:

:arrow: Matthew :cry:
ppnelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: