Loti out to play at Shelsley Walsh last Sunday

PostPost by: JJDraper » Tue May 05, 2009 4:50 pm

Just a few snaps of the Loti being given an airing up the hill. No particular association with the drivers, just a good day out, if a bit chilly....

Jeremy
Attachments
Shelsley 2009 1.jpg and
Shelsley 2009 2.jpg and
Shelsley 2009 3.jpg and
Shelsley 2009 4.jpg and
JJDraper
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue May 05, 2009 5:33 pm

Great pictures, thanks a lot.
The N? 73 Europa looks mean, do you know if it's a "Banks" creation?
Shelsley is a scary old hill isn't it. Not much room to fall off in.

Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JJDraper » Tue May 05, 2009 9:24 pm

No idea about No.73, my mate had the programme! It was also a bit too quick for my camera...

I had the opportunity to go up the hill in my lardy +2 and it took a scary 60seconds. The current hill record is under 23 seconds.... terminal speed over 150mph.

I go for the cars, beer, mates and the pork scratchings (pork rinds, but less refined, to our American friends).

Jeremy
Attachments
Shelsley 2009 5.jpg and
JJDraper
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed May 06, 2009 2:46 am

great pics --unfortunately over er we cant even rent a parking lot for a gymnkana --everyone is scared stiff of some errant bit of car falling off and destroying the western hemisphere ----litigation and insurance paranoia rules -- ---and to close a public road for an hour or two with a hill on it is not even a consideration --ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rcraven » Wed May 06, 2009 9:25 am

Shelsley isn't a public road. It claims to be the first purpose built motor sport venue in the world.
Robert
rcraven
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Wed May 06, 2009 9:42 am

Full details at http://www.shelsley-walsh.co.uk/

Good old fashioned motor racing, you can still stand right next to the track not 3 miles away behind gravel traps, armco, catch fencing ........
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Wed May 06, 2009 10:04 am

Thanks for the extra (almost) picture Jeremy.
During my stays in GB, in the not too distant past, Shelsley hill climb was a must do spectator day for me.
I was there when that record was set by a then very young lad who was following his father's footsteps.
Very memorable.
It's good that Shelsley is still with us; it was looking very shaky a few years ago, even I dug (not too deeply) into my pocket to support its future.
Pork Scratchings aaaaah my mouth's watering; it's the simple things in life isn't it :D

Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed May 06, 2009 12:28 pm

geez 20 bucks for practice and 28 on race day ------an average club race weekend here entry is 370 dollars ---what a buy --no wonder motorsport is thriving there and dying here--ed

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rcraven » Wed May 06, 2009 12:40 pm

I think the prices you've referred to are for spectators. Competitors pay much more.
Robert
rcraven
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed May 06, 2009 10:25 pm

ao whats an entry fee for --say a gt3 regional car at --saY Knock hill or Donnigton -cost ???

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: