British Car Day 2009 - Larz Anderson Museum

PostPost by: CBUEB1771 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:07 am

Having just posted about NR calipers and Eleven/Elite differential housings I realize I should post images from both vehicles in discussion. I took these at the British Car Day lawn event, this past Sunday, at the Larz Anderson Museum of Transportation here in Boston. Many of the usual suspects were in attendance including Gary, Beau and their S2 Elan. I always get a kick out of Tom driving his Eleven over public roads to this event. He also treated us to his Bugatti seen behind the Eleven. I also like the juxtapostion of Elite 1399 and the Exige. Sadly my Elite 1771 and +2S 050/0170 remained in boxes of parts at home. Nobody to blame by myself!
Attachments
DSC_0015.jpg and
DSC_0011.jpg and
Russ Newton
Elan +2S (1971)
Elite S2 (1962)
CBUEB1771
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:34 am

As Russ is relating the tale of Tom driving the Eleven some 25 miles to the event, the story started last year for the same event when Tom tried to bring the eleven along. I guess he had brake problems at the end of his street and turned around and brought his 64 Cobra. The Eleven had new rear calipers and some other work done (new rollover bar) and was read for Limerock in last September.

garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: