Lotus Elan

London sports car centre

PostPost by: simplesy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:08 am

Hi JJC - I remember your father well (John Cunningham) and Roy (Drinkwater) and I were the bain of his life... At first he really hated the computer but soon got to love it - I remember his unique approach to stock control (I think it was gear box mounting bracket 4sp 0106A0002E or something like that) where, although they only sold 2 a month and had 2 in stock, thought they ought to order 6 so that they didn't need to order any the following month and they could use that money for something else.....

Colin Sibthorp
simplesy
New-tral

PostPost by: Jeremyrudge » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:20 pm

It is indeed Friends Reunited.

Colin I hope you are keeping well.

Jeremy
Jeremyrudge
New-tral

PostPost by: simplesy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:13 pm

I remember the entrance to Ballards lane, the pub just around the corner (what was its name?) and the workshops on the right, paint shop later on the left.... also the lovely hump on the way in/out - I lost count of the number of Eclats and Elites that lost their exhaust either arriving or leaving after a service!

Peter and Alan were the finest people you could hope to meet - both working hard to ensure the success of EGO - despite the arguments between Roy and myself on a weekly basis - it must have been very difficult for them! I kept in touch with Peter and Tanis after leaving and exchanged Xmas cards until his passing - a big loss.

Colin Sibthorp
simplesy
New-tral

PostPost by: Jeremyrudge » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:43 pm

The pub was I think the honey pot ( now houses )

The yard is pretty much unchanged !
Jeremyrudge
New-tral

Previous

Total Online: