LOG 30 pics

PostPost by: elancoupe » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:35 pm

I have been to many LOGs, but this past one was one of the best. It was really cool to meet fellow owners from Elan.net, and many others. Unfortunately, I didn't get to speak with a few of you, but maybe next time.

Anyway, here are some photos, feel free to add more
Attachments
log30g.jpg and
I saw many Elans using this type of parking brake
log30f.jpg and
Bill Fralik and his S3 Coupe
log30e.jpg and
Gary's car on the workbench
log30d.jpg and
log30c.jpg and
Gary is so helpful, he even does windows
log30b.jpg and
Greg Foster's S3
log30a.jpg and
Nice S2
Mike
elancoupe
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elancoupe » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:41 pm

A few more
Attachments
log30i.jpg and
Mark Doubet's S2
log30j.jpg and
Ross Robbins' S2
log30k.jpg and
original owner car
log30l.jpg and
log30m.jpg and
The "copse of trees" at the "high water mark" on the Gettysburg battlefield
Mike
elancoupe
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:42 pm

Nice! Thanks for sharing!
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:28 am

Hi Mike

Thanks for sharing. I missed the red S2 entirely, I guess I must have been a bit pre-occupied on the workbench. Thanks also for the White S1 photos to, I didn't get any for some reason. It was good to talk again after so many years about all of the various subjects that seemed to be almost an after thought of the show. I have up loaded a dozen more engine bay photos and need to upload another 54 pictures of the show. I resized them but they are still 1280 x 700 plus pixels. I am just going to post the link when I get them uploaded the next time I wake up at 2 am. As far as doing windows, there was no hope of getting my car clean, I thought that it was a good idea to help someone else after all of the help that I received. At that point in the LOG, thats about all I was able to do right.
I sure sucked at fixing my own Elan :D
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: memini55 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:16 am

Mike,
Thanks for posting the pics and it was really nice to put a face with the name. You are certainly correct about the event it was a good one with many great cars. Meeting and hearing all the Lotus stories really gets you pumped, now my boys want to get another project going!

Hope to see you again.
Mark and crew
memini55
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: RotoFlexible » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:59 am

A few more pictures from the Saturday concours. Unfortunately I don't have names to go with most of the cars.
Attachments
saturday_0001.JPG and
This stunning S1 (1600) took the Early Elan category in the judged concours.
saturday_0002.JPG and
saturday_0003.JPG and
saturday_0004.JPG and
saturday_0005.JPG and
The old racecars - 9 (Dave Belden), 6, 23.
saturday_0006.JPG and
One of several gorgeous Elites. My stepdaughter is in love!
Andrew Bodge
'66 Elan S2 26/4869
I love the sound of a torque wrench in the morning. Sounds like... progress.
RotoFlexible
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:31 am

I woke up early today and it's the right time to get the pictures uploaded. LOG 30 was put on by volunteers, one of those volunteers is Cora Gregorie who has worked on so many of these shows that she probably does it on auto-pilot. None the less it?s those selfless folks that make it possible for these pictures to be brought to you. Cora said there were 197 lotus cars registered for the LOG this year. I took a looked at the 2001 LOG panoramic view photo and counted the Lotus Cars on the field. This was the last pre-Elise show in Worcester that I went where they announced the Elise for the U.S. market at that LOG. There were 7 Elise's and 97 older models in the group photo. Cora also said that of the Lotus cars registered that they fell into almost a 50/50 split of newer/older Lotus. The great thing about these shows is that everyone brings out what they have and there are no segregated Lotus models. Everyone seems to appreciate all of the cars and we all seem to play together well. The show located in Gettysburg is situated in a location that is close (less than a 12 hours drive from 80 million people, that?s my guess) and could draw on folks that could take the time to get there without being more than a day there and a day back. Mark and Ross came from much farther away and it shows their great enthusiasm for the passion of Lotus cars and people. I want to thank everyone that made the show what it was and one of the ways is to offer a few photos of the event. Not a lot of new lotus models in them but if you go over to lotustalk.com there are plenty of those. As I said most of these pictures are 1280 x ??? so be prepared to use the scroll bar.

Thanks again to all of those that came and participated and for those that couldn?t make it this time I hope to meet up with you at a future event.

Gary and Beauregard

Photos are located at
http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg17 ... ooz/LOG30/
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:56 pm

Mike, Gary and Andrew,

Thanks for posting the photos from LOG 30. I truly was blown away by the variety and quality of the Elans Sevens and Elites that were presented at the concours. Remember how we wondered of we would be marginalized by the Elise crowd? I don't think there was any doubt about which cars were most prominent. OLD GUYS AND CARS RULE!

I'd like to give a special thanks to Gary Anderson for the repair on my cant rail. I didn't really look at it until I put the pop up for Ann to drive home. You did a beautiful job Gary. Thanks. I have a special treat coming to you.

LOG 31 will be held just outside Las Vegas October 14-16, 2011. Mark your calendars!
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:08 am

Hi Ross

It is good to hear that you made it home without any real problems and that your wife Ann and you are still on speaking terms. As far as the turn out goes and the percent of OLD to NEW folks/Cars goes, I think a lot of that comes down to we the owners talking it up a bit on the various Forums. We have to thank Andy Bodge for getting the topic started in FREE PARKING and for the rest of the folks that joined in and coerced the others to make the trip or journey in your case. I talked to Ray Psulkowski (RD Enterprises) for a bit and he said that he was having trouble keeping parts on the shelf due to location of the LOG and the fact that folks wanted to get there with their old (neglected?) Lotus. He said he had been a busy boy for most of this year leading up to the LOG. It was good to meet up with you and your traveling companions. We talked for a bit and I wish that there had been more time to chat, the time flew by on both days. The Vegas LOG should attract those owners from the other half of the U.S. that have been overlooked by Lotus Limited, I don?t remember there being a LOG that far west before and it ought to be able to draw the same kind of numbers that the Gettysburg show did. I hope that the folks in the western half of the U.S. can get the kind of showing of different cars and people that were at LOG30, From mid 50?s to the present, maybe someone will have the newest Lotus automobiles there for a comparison. Google says it?s 2751 miles and 44 hours of non-stop driving, I am not sure my wallet and old bones are up to that kind of a challenge. My last trip out west in 2007 took me weeks to recover mostly from sleep deprivation. If I were to attempt such a drive in the Elan I would need a different muffler at the very least. I would probably need to resurrect a soft top to go along with it, otherwise I would be deaf as a beau acts when he?s got some good pee to smell. As far as the cantrail goes, it was a 5 minute fix other than rounding up all of the stuff needed, it was a good diversion from the other problems of the day to get something useful done, I am glad it worked for you. I?m just glad that you didn?t ask me to fix the tailshaft rear seal problem. That would have been a good deal more difficult roadside repair?

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: