Continuous Insurance Enforcement (CIE) in UK

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:49 pm

Mick wrote:Considering the police have ANPR giving details of TAX, MOT and Insurance; would it not be beyond the realms of possibility to use this on petrol forecourts. None of the above and the pump will not work, so no petrol for you Mr Knobhead.
Probably too simple :roll:

Not a chance - too much paperwork involved.

You only have to see how many drivers are out there every day with a mobile phone in their hand or not wearing a seatbelt to understand how disinterested the police really are. UNLESS, of course, there is a TV camera recording for the ubiquitous cheap channel road shows.

persiflage wrote:Surely the only way to ensurer all drivers on the road are insured is to add the cost of 3dr party cover to the price of fuel ... with a coresponding reduction in your on road policy of course!

I like the idea that Knobheads who usually steal petrol would automatically be insured.
Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint 5 EFI)

Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: MickG » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:16 pm

bcmc33 wrote

You only have to see how many drivers are out there every day with a mobile phone in their hand or not wearing a seatbelt to understand how disinterested the police really are. UNLESS, of course, there is a TV camera recording for the ubiquitous cheap channel road shows.

What paperwork? No petrol then no drive away, or at least until you run out.
I said it was too simple to succeed :wink:
MickG
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:25 pm

MickG wrote:bcmc33 wrote

What paperwork? No petrol then no drive away, or at least until you run out.
I said it was too simple to succeed :wink:

Minimum 4 hours paperwork for each collar felt. Perhaps the fuzz don't read and write very well up here.

P.S.

Just remembered - I fill-up every Thursday evening at my local Tesco, and there has been a police car on the forecourt for the last 4 Thursday's. No one in the car - I've always guessed they were next door at Pizza Hut.
Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint 5 EFI)

Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: persiflage » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:07 am

Richard,
I do not think that adding the cost of 3rd party cover to fuel would be popular and I was not necessarily promoting the idea, but which ever way you look at it we are already paying ? the losses created by the uninsured knobheads (love that word John) are covered by your current insurance costs.
At least if they were honest enough to purchase fuel, they would have paid their bit of insurance too.
It?s no fun having your transport written off by an uninsured, untaxed, untraceable company Transit, :( been there.

I am not so na?ve to think that any reduction in insurance costs would equate to the extra paid for fuel, whatever happens, the honest ones are going to end up paying more!

As for the knobheads that steal petrol ... I think we can accept that they probably do not steal every drop of fuel they use, unlike an uninsured driver who are uninsured for every mile they drive.
persiflage
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tcsoar » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:30 pm

Sorry guys, just seen this post but thought I would chip in with my little bit of knowledge of the APNR system.

A few years ago I used to help out with the local Cub Scout group and we had arranged for a local bobby to have a chat with the boys on road safety etc.

I got talking to the pc afterwards and he started telling me that he was joining the traffic unit soon and then went on to talk about the cars etc. Eventually he told me about the APNR system and how well it worked. So well in fact that in certain areas in and around london the system goes off so often they switch it off :shock:.

Chris.
tcsoar
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:31 pm

So well in fact that in certain areas in and around london the system goes off so often they switch it off .

Hi

It's not just London, there is a certain Essex borough that has ANPR as part of it's CCTV network that pass vehicle details onto the Police when they get a hit. Sadly the Police do not have the time/manpower to respond to every hit so only respond to the hits on very bad baddies.

I worked at this borough and sat next the guy responsible for these cameras so I know it to be true. I think we have to accept that some crimes are not high priority.

Jason
50/0951 1968 Wedgewood blue +2, 1990 Mini Cooper RSP
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tcsoar » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:39 am

News update!!!!

Went to a boot sale outside Chelmsford on Easter Sunday, as I pulled into the farm yard I noticed an unmarked police car with APNR fitted. I assume they were scanning everbody coming in, one of the officers was already in the process of writing a out ticket for a young lady they had caught.

Chris.
tcsoar
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: