LOG 31 USA

PostPost by: mr.vman » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:42 am

Any news on the LOG in Las Vegas in October? Appears, Saturday will be the car show and auto cross. Sunday is the track day, Lotus Challenge? Will there be time for open track time since it is the Lotus Challenge. Is Monday a track day also? LOG ends Sunday after the dinner? Lotus talk has had some postings on Hotel information, is there a code for reservations needed? Perhaps the west coast Lotus owners will show with some of the older cars. I know there are many so-called classic Lotus cars on the west coast. It would be interesting to have time for organizied Lotus "tech" sessions on our older cars during LOG. Looking forward to the whole thing. Working to get my chassis off +2 to LOG. Steve Vukobratovich, +2 trying to be put together in Arizona.
mr.vman
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:36 am

Sounds good Steve. Even if you can't get the car finished try to come. Can't see it would ever be closer to you. :)

I am going to make every effort to attend this year as well. If there is no formal stuff planned for the Elan & Elan Plus 2, I would sure like to get together informally and look over the cars, check things out, swap tech tips, etc.

Humm, I had assumed there would be open track time, but did not look carefully.

My travel plans are open so far. Was thinking of starting a thread closer to the date on our new Left Side of the Pond forum regarding routes. Not sure if there are any folks located Montana, Idaho or Utah that would like to informally meet for the trip down. Was planning return trip thru Cali, Oregon, Washington to Vancouver BC. Could reverse my loop if others were going.
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mac5777 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:03 am

Hi Stu, If you come through San Francisco, you'll pick a whole load of Lotuses that would like to joint up in either direction. Safety in numbers.

Sarto
lotus elan 1966 S3 FHC
36/5785
LHD
mac5777
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:49 pm

A number of us from the front range of Colorado are planning a three day trip through Colorado and southern Utah to include some of the most scenic roads in the country and Arches, Cedar Breaks and Zion national parks. We plan on a Wednesday Oct 12 departure from the Denver area with a first night stop in Moab and the second night in St. George UT then an easy cruise into Las Vegas along the north shore of Lake Mead and through Henderson and on to the LOG hotel.

I would be happy to coordinate a meeting point for anyone who wants to join us along the way and as we define the route I will make sure it gets posted on the Left Side of the Pond area.

Check out Lotus Colorado dot com and click on the drives section for more info.
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: mr.vman » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:46 pm

Stu, I will be at LOG with or without my car. At this time, the +2 should be done (I should be in the shop working on the electrical harness instead of the internet). Perhaps the LOG group would allow organized sessions on our "classic" cars. We could use vendors, fellow Lotus owners or? to be presenters during "tech" sessions. I know the LOG group in Las Vegas is working hard on LOG, and it is volunteer time for them. Don't want to cause problems for the organizers, just an idea. I am not trying to take over anything on LOG, I have nothing but thanks for the organizers, please understand this. Just some suggestions to help the event and, I will volunteer to help the LOG people if they need it. As we contact Lotus people we can ask for presenters on interesting topics. Of course, nothing like, academic fee discussion time. I now need to figure out what to do on reservations for the host hotel, or maybe it is still too early? Looking forward to LOG! Steve Vukobratovich, +2 waiting in the shop for me, to put it together.
mr.vman
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: memini55 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:04 am

Hi Ross,
Sounds like you might get me to come to the LOG with your senic drive! Please keep me posted and then I will have to decide which car to make the long drive with. I don't really want any break downs along the path. we would need a couple days to hook up with you in Denver area. So how much altitude with your trip as that might make my decision easier.
Mark

Sorry to hi jack the thread
memini55
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Ross, thanks for that. Meeting your group in the Moab area looks like it would work well. I have been through some of the Colorado and Utah area in the past, and it really is terrific. Not too familiar with the details, so going with a group would be very helpful. At this point I will make sure I book enough time off work, and fill in details closer to the event. Nice web site by the way.

Sarto, San Francisco will definitely be on our route, then north on Highway 1 thru Mendocino. Hooking up with an informal group for the Vegas to SF run would be a lot of fun and more reassuring. Let me know closer to, or we could easily figure something out once in Vegas. I figure lodging on the coast won't be an issue in October, so was not planning to book anything in advance for our return trip. Is Vegas to SF a one day trip? I was thinking of going thru Tahoe as I have never been there; Google Maps says 12 hours going that way.

Steve, good on ya if you are getting with the organizing committee regarding early car activities . This will be my first LOG, so have no idea what to expect and will be just going with the flow. Have been to a few BMW motorcycle nationals though, and I always figure the trip there and back is 80% of the fun. :) I have to wait for my Lotus Ltd membership to get processed (couple of weeks) before I can follow up with registering for the event and the host hotel.
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:30 pm

Stu, Mark and anyone else that wants to join us,

First, the more the merrier on the Vegas or Bust Tour. Or is it the Vegas Bust Tour :oops: We will keep you all posted on the route as it gets solidified though you can count on the dates as already posted.

Second, if anyone needs a place to stay in the Denver area whether going or returning, please let me know. We have plenty of space for cars and people to stay.

Third, events and schedule will be spelled out in the ReMarque that is part of your Lotus Limited membership and the website has a lot of info on the unfolding of events at a LOG. Just bring plenty of beer money and a willingness to visit and you will be fine.

Finally, should we not move this discussion to our side of the pond? I would but my tech savvy ends at plugging in the computer. Help?! :D :D
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: mr.vman » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:54 pm

More on LOG, Made Hotel reservations (I know early but, looking forward to Lotus time). First I booked by phone, big mistake. They will charge a, "resort fee" works out to, $169.99 a night. We are planning on arriving Thursday, they charged the normal fee of, $165.00 a night plus, resort charges for Thursday night! Make the reservations online, $130 which includes the "resort fee". Of course tax is added to the $130.00. Online, Thursday night is also, $130.00. These reduced fees are thanks to the LOG organizers in Las Vegas. Now to organize some "tech" time if that is possible. Track day will be Sunday. It is my understanding that, there should be, "plenty of track time" for those interested. Nothing is planned Monday. I hope this helps. Steve Vukobratovich, Working on the +2 panel when I get off the computer.
mr.vman
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:29 pm

Yes Pete, we know about that section of the forum, but as I posted three days before...
Finally, should we not move this discussion to our side of the pond? I would but my tech savvy ends at plugging in the computer. Help?! :D :D

Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: