Spyder Cars Peterborough, a few pictures from a recent visit

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Wed May 11, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi All,

I took a few pictures whilst I was at Spyder's a couple of weeks ago, you might recognise one or two cars owned by members of this forum.

Some of the pictures are teasers, the yellow Europa is being fitted with a Zetec, it's under wraps until Donington. It will make a fast car but I couldn't live with the claustrophobia and scraped knuckles :roll:

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33/spyderfan/P1010721.jpg

OUCH!
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Sun May 22, 2011 9:34 pm

I recognise WCP 814M, the most tatty JPS in the world!

That was owned by David, the chap who had the mint Plus 2 that was recently bought by Chris Evans, and who also had the most stunning Peter Day restored S4 drophead and Sprint Coupe.

WCP was his winter car, and he used to delight in the look on people's faces when he turned up to the Lotus events in it. It had done about 170,000 miles, was well and truly used up, and he never worried about scratching the paintwork! A great contrast to his three perfect Elans, and the one he used most of the time.

Mark
Attachments
zjps2.JPG and
zjps.JPG and
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:29 am

Mark,
WCP814M genuine JPS +2, now awaiting a customer to restore to original (unlikely) or convert to zetec (much more likely). A real shame in my opinion and I am very biased towards modified cars as you know.
The car has already been stripped and the big valve engine was sitting on the deck when I was there last week, I think Andy has already got the purchase price back just on selling the engine and box.

regards
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: