Greetings all

PostPost by: Antmax » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:33 am

Greetings all

Got my self a 1973 Sprint DHC a couple of years ago sight unseen from a chap in Sydney.On arrival i was very disappointed as i was told the car had not been on the road since 1983, that was great.Then asked has the car had any accident damage the response was no.But clearly lots of minor damage all over and very poorly repaired. The car is a UK car then off to South Africa,Florida,Sydney and now Melbourne. Over the past 2 years i have done the front and rear suspension brakes, shocks,engine and gearbox out and repaired as required. But after a serious health scare i,ve decided i want the car on the road for the summer, so i want to do a body off restoration any advise in regards to good fiberglass repairers/painters in Melbourne would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Tony
Antmax
New-tral

PostPost by: trw99 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:06 pm

Tony

Welcome and I hope that you achieve your aim of getting your Sprint on the road very soon. There are a number of Australian based listers on here and you will find lots of willing help and assistance.

If you let me have details of your Sprint (PM or email) I'll see if I have any history of it to pass on from my private register.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ClashofLotus » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:22 am

Hey Tony,

I?m only new on here myself, well done on the sprint purchase and good luck with your body resto. I am in the same predicament and would love to know of a good fibreglass repairer, so if you find yourself one let us know and I will do likewise. :)

Antmax wrote:If you let me have details of your Sprint (PM or email) I'll see if I have any history of it to pass on from my private register.
trw99 wrote:If you let me have details of your Sprint (PM or email) I'll see if I have any history of it to pass on from my private register.

Hey Tim, does your register cover Plus 2's? I wouldn?t mind knowing the history of my bucket'o'bolts! hehe

Cheers,

Adam
ClashofLotus
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: vstibbard » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:47 am

Hi Guys, i know of two good guys but both Sydney based, one did complete front end my S1 and made moulds and body work for Elfin 300, the other recently prepared new 26R shell for me, and has made roof moulds etc and is very reasonable.

if you want the details drop me a note.

Cheers

Vaughan
vstibbard
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: europatek » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:06 pm

Give The Healey Factory a ring. Their body man/spray painter owned and restored both a Bolwell Nagari and an S2 Elan. Both looked great. His name is Ross McConnell. Not sure if he still works there. Also, I may be able to help you with some fibreglass repairs/info/pointers etc..... PM me.
europatek
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: ClashofLotus » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:04 pm

europatek wrote:Give The Healey Factory a ring.

Thanks for the heads up europatek, my old man always told me stories about how pricey the Healey Factory was... no idea if that's true or not but they do put out nicely restored cars so they are probably worth it.

Apologies to Tony for hijacking his thread :)

Even though my restoration is on hold until I move back to Melbourne (hopefully in 6 months) I might send you a PM and get some advice if that's ok. :D

I would really like to get the body sent somewhere to get repaired and painted so I have a nice shiny car when I get back but even organising that from interstate is not really a practical idea... oh well guess a few more months will pass buy!
ClashofLotus
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: brian wilson » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:15 am

I recommend The Healey Factory, not cheap but good quality guaranteed work. They repaired major accident damage and resprayed my Plus 2 to perfection (call Chris)

They also did extensive mechanical work, which included rectification to engine, gearbox etc work carried out by a so called expert at as I found out the hard way ridiculous expense compared to their prices

Brian
brian wilson
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: ClashofLotus » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:47 pm

brian wilson wrote:I recommend The Healey Factory, not cheap but good quality guaranteed work. They repaired major accident damage and resprayed my Plus 2 to perfection (call Chris)

They also did extensive mechanical work, which included rectification to engine, gearbox etc work carried out by a so called expert at as I found out the hard way ridiculous expense compared to their prices

Brian

Thanks Brian,

I guess I will have to get the Factory a call in the near future and see what the damage will be! :)

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Cheers,

Adam
ClashofLotus
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: