LOG 31

PostPost by: DeanG » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:53 pm

My wife and I will be going in our 1991 Elan SE (M100) to enjoy the luxury of drop top motoring and AC.

The official site of LOG http://www.loglasvegas.com/index.html

There is a morbund thread on this forum at elan-f15/log-usa-t22264.html

Most of the activity that I find is here http://www.britishspeed.com/forum/forum ... ?74-LOG-31

Rumors of 100 Californians, especially members of Golden Gate Lotus, attending are a good sign. It would be great to see a big turn out of Lotus cars, especially my favorites: Type 14 Elite, Elan, Elan +2, Europa, Seven, early Esprit, Cortina...
DeanG
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:27 pm

Geez, Dean, yet another forum I need to whittle time on. Didn't know about this one. :twisted:
http://www.britishspeed.com/forum/forum ... ?74-LOG-31

Greg Z
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: DeanG » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:14 pm

I am planning on going to see the Indy car race on Sunday. I'm excited at the prospect as I haven't ever seen an Indy race and I have never seen a Lotus sponsored car racing.
DeanG
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: DeanG » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:04 pm

From http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f333/in ... -a-104693/

AS VEGAS IZOD INDY CAR SERIES WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OCTOBER 16, 2011

This year, LOG is all about choices. Your LOG 31 Committee has been working overtime to fill this 3 day weekend with events that are sure to please all.

For those who are not planning to participate in the much anticipated HPDE at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch, your LOG 31 Chairman is proud to offer a rare opportunity to attend an Indy Series race to be held at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Your adventure will begin with a ?group drive? from the Red Rock Hotel to the speedway. Upon arrival everyone will be guided to secure, paved infield parking, specifically set up for Lotus Ltd members. From there you?ll be able to take advantage of your Paddock passes and rub elbows with the racing elite. Some may chose full emersion in the Neon Garage, where boundless forms of entertainment will be provided. Others may chose the paparazzi approach, take a few ReMarque worthy photos, and hunt for an autograph or two.

At high noon the Indy drivers will be introduced with the race to follow at 12:45. Take pleasure in knowing you?ll have the best seats in the house and show your support for the Lotus sponsored KV Racing Technology team! Go ahead; bring a big Lotus flag ?and a very loud obnoxious horn.

A package deal has been arranged with LVMS for Lotus Ltd members to include:

Designated Lotus Infield Parking!
Reserved Terrace Group Seating!
Paddock & Neon Garage Passes!
All for a nominal charge of:
$134
Your passengers only pay $84

You must purchase your tickets by calling:

Jessica Canning
[email protected]
800-644-4444 x.7098

When calling, provide your full name and Lotus group affiliation
Only 100 tickets available.
All orders must be placed by October 1st to allow for processing.

Your tickets will be available for pickup in the LOG 31 registration room at the Red Rock Hotel on Friday. For a backup, bring a receipt or email confirmation for proof of purchase. Lotus Ltd is not responsible for lost tickets. Purchase of group package tickets will not be available at registration
DeanG
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:58 am

Thanks for posting the info Dean.

Excellent deal for those taking in the Indy. I used the email address to Jessica and received a prompt reply. Can do all the payment details by email, which is great.

Just plotted out my tentative route on Google, and its a longggg way! Might even need an oil change mid trip! Looking forward to the adventure. Hoping to return thru Cali and Oregon / Washington.

See you all in Vegas!
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: DeanG » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:14 am

I was the 5th person to call for tickets. Most people bought multiple tickets so it seems that there will be a nice crowd of Lotus enthuasiasts.
DeanG
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: