Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:19 pm

I'm planning to be there on Sunday.

John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:56 pm

Driving down Friday and staying 2 nights. Visiting show on Sat' and possibly Sunday AM.

Anyone else stopping over? Are we meeting up for a natter again? & .... I see they have removed the 'senior' concession tickets now. AND parking!!! Not taking my car to the NEC ever again... Hate parking charges.. Makes some of the world's richest men. Bugger!

You going Tim? I would like to talk to you for a min' or two.. Nothing drastic. Just possibilities for next year.

Al' ....... 8)
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:24 am

I'm going to see Peppa Pig in Brentwood :( not really the same but you have to make sacrifices for the kids.

Not sure if there will be any Lotuses there but I will keep my fingers crossed. :D
50/0951 1968 Wedgewood blue +2, 1990 Mini Cooper RSP
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:59 am

My word, Peppa Pig in Brentwood, not far for me - very tempting, Jason.

Alex, sorry no I'm not going, too busy working at the moment. Give me a call if you want.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:54 pm

I'll be working there on Friday. If you see a bloke with a big camera and puzzled expression, chances are it will be me- say hello. :D

The way to avoid the stupid parking charges and the dreadful queues for the bus to the car park.... drive to Hampton in Arden station, park for free, take the train one stop to NEC, walk in warmth and undercover all the way to the exhibition halls. Trains run every half an hour and it was less then two quid return last year. :wink:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:12 pm

elansprint71 wrote:I'll be working there on Friday. If you see a bloke with a big camera and puzzled expression, chances are it will be me- say hello. :D

The way to avoid the stupid parking charges and the dreadful queues for the bus to the car park.... drive to Hampton in Arden station, park for free, take the train one stop to NEC, walk in warmth and undercover all the way to the exhibition halls. Trains run every half an hour and it was less then two quid return last year. :wink:

Dammit Pete, you'll be telling everyone about my secret mushrooming field next!
:lol:
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:44 pm

elansprint71 wrote:I'll be working there on Friday. If you see a bloke with a big camera and puzzled expression, chances are it will be me- say hello. :D

Pete,

Come and see me at our club stand (SC22) in hall 5. :)
Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint 5 EFI)

bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Only there (the Brentwood Centre) on Saturday so plan your weekend carefully. :lol:
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:33 pm

Jason1 wrote:

Only there (the Brentwood Centre) on Saturday so plan your weekend carefully. :lol:

I had no idea what this Peppa thingy was. So Googled it...and it seems "she" is mired in controversy! Not a good roll model, so beware! :roll:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/colu ... lives.html

Cheers - Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:47 pm

Worth every penny!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Peppa + me.jpg and
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:28 am

I managed to miss just about everybody; although I did speak to the folks on the Club Lotus stand and had a good look at that very well modded Sprint.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:08 am

elansprint71 wrote:I managed to miss just about everybody; although I did speak to the folks on The Club Lotus stand and had a good look at that very well modded Sprint.

Correction: Club Lotus does not make, or offer, any support for the stand. For the last 3 years it has been organized and funded by the members of our local Staffordshire branch.
Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint 5 EFI)

bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:47 am

bcmc33 wrote:
elansprint71 wrote:I managed to miss just about everybody; although I did speak to the folks on The Club Lotus stand and had a good look at that very well modded Sprint.

Correction: Club Lotus does not make, or offer, any support for the stand. For the last 3 years it has been organized and funded by the members of our local Staffordshire branch.

A point well made Brian!

The LDC had, as always a good & well visited stand, where as I understand they managed to recruit new members & provide a healthy income for the club via sales of club stuff & an interesting raffle.
It is indeed strange that Club Lotus have always(?) treated the NEC show as something of secondary importance, bearing in mind that it is the biggest UK show & THE place to find new club members.
I have visions of shows past where Graham Arnold did what appeared to be a one man band show, sitting on a folding chair between two or three Lotus's & looking quite bored with life.
His last NEC show was his exit from this World; a job too many for a mere mortal maybe?

It was good to meet up with you at long last & put a face to a name.

Following our discussion I did call in at Matty's on my way home.
The LED instrumentation lighting that they were advertising at Donington is not so simple as I had thought.
They adapt exiting instruments, yes you need to send them your own, to take their LED illumination.
So, not a DIY lamp swap!
The salesman didn't know much about them but did say that the cost is about 50 GBP per instrument; that's hefty!!

Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:53 am

Oops!
I spoke to the two folks sitting behind the table and asked them if anyone from the Club Lotus website Elan was around and was met with stares of incomprehension and they pointed me at the owner of Club Lotus, who's name, for the minute, escapes me and the owner of "that Sprint" who's name sounded Italian and also escapes me! I had quite a good natter with both of them.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Next

Total Online: