NEC Classic Car Show

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:02 pm

Jason1 wrote:Worth every penny!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That photo is definitley going to come back and bite you!
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: AlanM » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:32 pm

Just come across this correspondence and I cannot let these quotes pass without comment.

elansprint71 wrote:
I managed to miss just about everybody; although I did speak to the folks on The Club Lotus stand and had a good look at that very well modded Sprint.

bcmc33 wrote:
Correction: Club Lotus does not make, or offer, any support for the stand. For the last 3 years it has been organized and funded by the members of our local Staffordshire branch.

GrUmPyBoDgEr wrote:
A point well made Brian!

The LDC had, as always a good & well visited stand, where as I understand they managed to recruit new members & provide a healthy income for the club via sales of club stuff & an interesting raffle.
It is indeed strange that Club Lotus have always(?) treated the NEC show as something of secondary importance, bearing in mind that it is the biggest UK show & THE place to find new club members.

bcmc33 wrote:
I don't know who you were pointed at, but Alan Morgan was not at the show.

1. Club Lotus has supported our Staffordshire branch stand since it's first appearance at the show in 2008. Just ask Bob and Helen Chapman - our Staffs Area Leaders.

2. The Club doesn't 'treat the NEC Show as something of secondary importance' and we had very big stands there in 2005 and 2006 (despite Graham Arnold always telling me it wasn't worth it!). However the response didn't justify such a major effort and so we are very happy to support our local area/members at the event.

3. I was there all day Friday and it was me who you spoke to Phil.

By all means comment but please get your facts right Mr Clarke.

Alan
AlanM
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: AlanM » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:45 pm

Sorry Pete - slip of the keys!!
AlanM
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:19 am

AlanM wrote:Sorry Pete - slip of the keys!!

I answer to any name beginning with "P"... and severeal :wink: other letters too.

Thanks for confirming that I'm not going completely mad; I knew that you woz you. :roll:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:31 pm

AlanM wrote:Just come across this correspondence and I cannot let these quotes pass without comment.

elansprint71 wrote:
I managed to miss just about everybody; although I did speak to the folks on The Club Lotus stand and had a good look at that very well modded Sprint.

bcmc33 wrote:
Correction: Club Lotus does not make, or offer, any support for the stand. For the last 3 years it has been organized and funded by the members of our local Staffordshire branch.

GrUmPyBoDgEr wrote:
A point well made Brian!

The LDC had, as always a good & well visited stand, where as I understand they managed to recruit new members & provide a healthy income for the club via sales of club stuff & an interesting raffle.
It is indeed strange that Club Lotus have always(?) treated the NEC show as something of secondary importance, bearing in mind that it is the biggest UK show & THE place to find new club members.

bcmc33 wrote:
I don't know who you were pointed at, but Alan Morgan was not at the show.

1. Club Lotus has supported our Staffordshire branch stand since it's first appearance at the show in 2008. Just ask Bob and Helen Chapman - our Staffs Area Leaders.

2. The Club doesn't 'treat the NEC Show as something of secondary importance' and we had very big stands there in 2005 and 2006 (despite Graham Arnold always telling me it wasn't worth it!). However the response didn't justify such a major effort and so we are very happy to support our local area/members at the event.

3. I was there all day Friday and it was me who you spoke to Phil.

By all means comment but please get your facts right Mr Clarke.

Alan

It appears that I do owe you an apology, Alan.
I now have it on good authority that you were on the stand for an hour on Friday ? it must have been the time when I was off the stand looking around halls 4 & 5, as I missed Pete as well.
And an apology for saying that we had no support from Club Lotus ? this was wrong as we have always had moral support. I should have been more specific by saying meaningful financial support.

We are now planning for the 2012 show with a proposal for the 50th anniversary of the Elan being a centre piece ? a contribution towards the cost of a new banner array will be most welcome.
Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint 5 EFI)

Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: