Croft Nostalgia

PostPost by: adigra » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:02 pm

Went to Croft yesterday (in the Elan) and watched some great Elan action on the track. Lots of Lotus cars of all kinds on track, but not that many off it. There was a Europa being driven like a bat out of hell in one of the races, and had a great battle with a TVR. In another race the white No.5 Elan was driven so well and demolished the opposition. The yellow No. 1 Elan was probably my favourite of the day. And of course, my blue car parked with the cars I came in convoy with (AC Ace Bristols and a '38 Frazer Nash BMW).
Attachments
P1000704Sm.jpg and
P1000624Sm.jpg and
P1000636Sm.jpg and
P1000686Sm.jpg and
1967 Elan S3 S/E FHC
adigra
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elanman999 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Adi,
So that was your nice Elan. Yes a good days racing. I've never seen so many Twin Cams at one race meeting. Elans, Cortina's, 23B's, Europa's and others.
Cheers
John
elanman999
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: adigra » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:48 pm

John, yes indeed, it was my car.

I was really impressed with all of the Twin Cam powered cars racing. The Elans and Europas were of particular interest to me and they didn't disappoint. It was a joy to see them driven so fast and hard.

There was an interesting Elan parked near mine, and I wanted to speak to the owner about it, but I met him at the start of the day and never saw him again. Maybe he's a member on here, or one of you know him. It was an E reg yellow DHC but with an S4 body and dashboard, plus the clear (26R style) light covers. I was really curious about its story as the reg would make it a '67 S3 car like mine, but the rest is from a later car. It also had the front bumper with the flat areas for side lights (Federal?).

Regards,
Adi
1967 Elan S3 S/E FHC
adigra
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: