Welllllll

PostPost by: twincamman » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:21 am

Some of you may wonder what has been going on in my life during my banishment From this girl guide troop ......Wellllllll my neighbor and friend Jason Pronounced Jasun ,mun dropped in the night before a drive to a car show . Welllll Jason is into corn rows in de head mun and getting Righteous . Well after some Red stripe and. A spliff I forgot to check my work on the brake bias bar I had just adjusted Next morning off I go and low and behold a punker in a big motored pick up truck started to harass the funny little English car . I wound things up and blasted through a fast right hander leaving him Scratching his parts when I noted a bit of smoke at the rear accompanied by an acrid smell and then a lot of smoke at the rear ...and not the good kind .I pulled off the road as the rear wheels locked up . You guessed it the dreaded rear brake lock up absolutely fried the pads and emerg brakes . Mis adjusted bias bar . As luck would have it a lake was there so I used my best Leaf hat to transport water to cool things off and limp home . The last month has been spent rounding up the parts and correcting assembly errors replacing bearings.... pads ..Pistons ....rubbers etc and checking everything on the back but today It's done ........drive it tomorrow ....and Jasun don't be bringing de organics around when I'm workin on de car mun.........
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: richardcox_lotus » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:07 am

Welcome back !!!

If I'm working on the car & don't quite finish things I always place a part or tool next to the gearshift as a reminder to not take it out yet .

Regards
Richard
Richard
'72 Sprint
richardcox_lotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:34 pm

Hide the ignition key in the bottom of the tool box...

:)
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: