Colin Chapman by Denis Bernard

PostPost by: pharriso » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Anyone seen this new book on Chunky?
"Synopsis
Colin Chapman - legendary racing car designer, founder of Lotus, one of the true greats of motorsport - has been the subject of several biographies but this new one is really special. Endorsed by his family and with a foreword by his son Clive, this all-color hardcover tells Chapmans story in comic-strip form. Beautifully drawn and historically accurate, this brilliant book will enlighten and charm motorsport enthusiasts in equal measure."

Can't say I'm a big fan of "comic-strips" but interested in feedback before I decide to buy...

p.s. Published by Haynes, ISBN: 9780857334718
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Etienne 7 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:59 am

I've got them in French, language in which this one book is devided in 3 separate ones. The authors were at the Club Lotus France Festival at Montlh?ry last October, the designed special drawings inside each book, i've got two of them!

The book is good, and even if the story is know, it's always good to see it in pictures.

For the price, I think it's definitely worth it!
Etienne 7
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:12 pm

Much praise for a near felon ....good thing he kicked off when he did ...Ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: MickG » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Much praise for a near felon ....good thing he kicked off when he did ...Ed

Your a sad sad man Ed
Mick G
MickG
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:45 pm

Nope ...just realistic ....If I remember his CEO was. at Her Majesty's pleasure after Chapmans death for misdoings while Chapman was alive ..ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:28 pm

Ed,
I'll be pleased to give your regards to Hazel and Clive when I bump into them next, I'm sure that Colin's 2 daughters would be pleased to hear from you as well, but I haven't met them to get on personal terms.

Colin Chapman passed away before he could defend his good name and before it was besmirched.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: