Lotus West literature

PostPost by: tedtaylor » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:50 pm

anyone have interest in old Lotus West documents? I have a directory from the 1970's and some early mailed literature, club news, misc stuff. If someone interested, i'll inventory better.
PM, or better yet, email me directly "tedtaylorsr" at G mail
thanks
TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss
"TaylorMadeClassicCars" on WWW and Facebook
tedtaylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: holywood3645 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:41 pm

I had/have a full directory of LW and articles scanned then put on CD. Asked if I could load on this site, but was rejected due to copyright concerns.
James
holywood3645
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tedtaylor » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:29 pm

just to report back to my post, I've decided to keep the tech manual. very comprehensive and a good supplement to the Lotus workshop manual. as for the member directory from 1978, I don't think that really has any value. there were also a couple issues of their newsletter "Stress Cracks" which was interesting. Oh for those pre-internet, pre-computer days of old, when these things were hand typewritten and mimeographed. Must have been labor intensive. I am quite impressed, however, with the dedication, contributions, and commitment of members during the glory days of the 1970's when Lotus cars were new and in their prime. Lots of customizing, individualizing and modifications to improve/expand their capabilities. all the while documenting and sharing with other club members.
TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss
"TaylorMadeClassicCars" on WWW and Facebook
tedtaylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:18 pm

The Lotus West Technical Manual is now online at http://lionheartsolutions.com/lotus/LotusWest/ :D
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mwhitaker » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:48 pm

Phil- thanks for your efforts with editing and letting us know of the Tech Manual availability- I am looking forward to using/enjoying the info.

Cheers, Mark Whitaker

69 Elan S4 DHC
45/8396
mwhitaker
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: