Lotus Elan

What did you do to your Lotus today...

PostPost by: vstibbard » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:26 pm

From what i've seen I think its Bourne made body's one bolt and lotus made 2... basis for this is I've seen early S1 shells with 1 and late S1's with 2 and all S2 with 2
vstibbard
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:29 pm

I torqued down the head again and changed the oil and filter to flush out any vestiges of coolant (following my diesel incident) and it started on the button and drove perfectly

In October, following the head gasket failing from diesel use, I had had the head skimmed (0.004") and changed my usual assembly method: I coated the bottom of the gasket and the top of the block with Wellseal and fitted them together, dropping the dry head on for a few minutes to bond them. Then I removed the head and coated it and the top of the gasket, dropped the head on and bolted it up normally. The 4-branch manifold fitted easily when in two pieces and I fitted and sealed the whole exhaust system. Etc

It was a few days before I got round to starting it, which let the exhaust filler set hard, and in 500 miles since then there have been no exhaust leaks and no coolant leaks (which had been chronic). So after the retorque it is ready for trouble-free motoring again. Watch this space!
Meg

26/4088 1965 S1½ Old and scruffy but in perfect working order; the car too.

Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Got my Sprint back on the road after changing the clutch slave cylinder (horrible job with a Spyder chassis, exhaust off, etc). Great to be driving it for the first time in 2019- roof off, of course. :D
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:09 pm

Drove my Sprint with the roof down in summer of February 2019...very strange.
elansprint71 wrote:Got my Sprint back on the road after changing the clutch slave cylinder (horrible job with a Spyder chassis, exhaust off, etc). Great to be driving it for the first time in 2019- roof off, of course. :D
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mark030358 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Not today, but last month... and not the Sprint...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey4mWhJdVEg

Cheers
mark030358
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: