Kelveden

PostPost by: checkrail » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:59 pm

Hi, I ordered online a choke cable from them early Monday and received an email stating my order was being processed.

I have now had one at approx. 3.20pm saying my order is now complete. Am I being unfair but how long does it take to put a cable in a jiffy bag?

Once again praise for Sue Miller, an order from her always arrives the next day, also Kelveden don't say what the P&P is in their emails.

Any opinions? Thank you John
checkrail
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: nmauduit » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:11 pm

well, consider yourself lucky : I've ordered a part a couple years ago, touched base with Paul several times about it to get occasionnal "be patient" type replies, and am still waiting...
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elan Peter » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:15 pm

I ordered some parts from kelvedon and they came very quickly (today in fact). I will await and see what they are like.
Funny how some people have different experiences.
Best regards, P
Peter James Evans
1965 Elan S2 (Early 26R replica)
2001 Citroen Saxo Hill Climb Car
2004 Mini R52
Elan Peter
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:08 pm

checkrail wrote: Am I being unfair but how long does it take to put a cable in a jiffy bag?

No time at all once you are at the front of the queue and your credit has been checked, etc!
Meg

26/4088 1965 S1½ Old and scruffy but in perfect working order; the car too.
________________Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: checkrail » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:22 pm

My cable arrived yesterday but I was not very impressed with it. The length was 66", twice as long as it should be.

I phoned and queried it and the answer was 'that's because it's for the Elan you have to cut to length for the +2'.
So the Webers must be a long way from the dashboard on the Elan ----- I don't think so!.

The reason for getting the cable was to tidy under the bonnet, the old one was frayed. i never need a choke 2/3 pumps does the tick.

I thought I would try Kelvenden because they are not too far from me for a visit. Sue Miller is the best!

I hope you are pleased with your parts. Regards John
checkrail
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Bits » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:54 pm

I think trade is at a high at the moment for the suppliers and have no need to work too hard for sales to come. :?
I need another ?2k (at least) worth of parts to get my S4 completed (I hope)! :D

I'm looking to wait a while to see if the impending recession will have an effect!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bits
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: