Does anyone use the revised Spyder Zetec exhaust manifold

PostPost by: berni29 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:24 pm

Hi Guys

I have kludged up an exhaust manifold for my Zetec +2 by welding on the original Twincam exhaust onto a Zetec flange. This is my first real welding project and is pretty ugly although the two will not be parting company anytime soon. However I have a couple of minor fitment issues, and this along with the ugly welding has made me reconsider the Spyder offering.

I know the original Spyder manifold was a poor design leading to ground clearance issues. Apparently there is a revised design which does not seem to be listed on their website. Or at least if it is I could not find it.

Does anyone use the revised manifold hand if so do they have an opinion as to whether it will clear a RS2000 style bellhousing and raceline sump? If not then some pictures of the manifold would help greatly.

Many thanks

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elan66 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:36 pm

Hi Berni,
I have a new revised zetec exhaust manifold you are welcome to borrow it bud
Cheers P
elan66
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:53 pm

elan66 wrote:Hi Berni,
I have a new revised zetec exhaust manifold you are welcome to borrow it bud
Cheers P

Hello!.

Hope you are well

Really? That is very kind indeed! Just need to offer it up and see if it does not foul in a way that is terminal.......,

Will whatsapp you!

All the best

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: