New member and General Question

PostPost by: nwbaxter66 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:35 pm

Hi, greetings from Nebraska, USA.

I was the owner of a 69 +2 (red) that I sold when I left the UK for the USA in the late 80s and am now in the market for a new one!

Often wondered what happened to it as I lost the chassis number and the reg was RTV $$$G I think, but I sold it to Classic Transport Company in Staffordshire (Guy Griffiths).

Appreciate the information on the forum and expect that it will be a great help to me when I find the right one.

My assumption was that the good ones probably get sold on boards like this before they get to Ebay ... so if anyone is aware of a "good" +2 available "close-ish" eg not on the coasts, I would appreciate a referral. Just to be difficult, I would prefer a Weber/Dellorto carb'd version.

Thanks for running a very interesting forum.

Nick
Nick Baxter
1970 Plus 2S (Federal)
1969 Plus 2 (UK) - sold
nwbaxter66
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Elan+2Novice » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:25 pm

Does is look like this one? :D Good luck to you!
Elan+2Novice
New-tral

PostPost by: nwbaxter66 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:53 am

It was all red +2 but with big valve rebuild engine (:
One of those things, should never have sold it !
Nick Baxter
1970 Plus 2S (Federal)
1969 Plus 2 (UK) - sold
nwbaxter66
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:13 am

There was one for sale on eBay a few months ago in Dayton Ohio, it sold for $6600. I saw it, heard it run but didn't drive it, and thought it was cheap, I just didn't need a third Lotus. I have a nice running '69 +2 I bought years ago for $4000. They're cheap for what you get as far as I'm concerned.... Finding one without Strombergs in the USA will be a real trick as our smog laws were in effect when the first ones arrived. You can switch heads and carbs if you really want to, my Strombergs are plenty poppy but not as zippy as the Webers can be. Good Luck.
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: