Honest honey, it only needs a lick of paint!!

PostPost by: Dave_Newcastle » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:00 pm

Great to see your progress so far - best of luck that all goes well to the finish. Have you decided on a colour yet?? at the rate so far you may well be polishing up the top coat as I write!!!

Dave
Dave_Newcastle
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: fasterbyelan » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:39 am

tower of strength wrote:.............then its time for Hi build primer.

Mark

What Hi Build primer/spray filler are people using in the UK ?
Karl 8)

1970 S4 FHC SE
fasterbyelan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: tower of strength » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:51 pm

Hi Karl,

the high build (primer/filler) is two pack, I'm applying it with a roller to get a nice thick layer to smooth back, if needed I'll spray a coat of 2K primer after. As for colour, Triumph French Blue? or red!!

Mark
tower of strength
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: fasterbyelan » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:33 am

What actual make of spray filler is it :?:
Karl 8)

1970 S4 FHC SE
fasterbyelan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:30 pm

Mark

Blue is a great colour for the +2 :)

My car is the one nearest to the camera and is Wedgewood blue, the one next to it is French blue. There is not a lot in it. You do not see a lot of light blue +2 still about.

There are a lot of Red ones on the road. Red and Yellow seem to be very popular.

Jason
Attachments
blue.JPG and
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tower of strength » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:46 pm

hi guys, thanks for the interest, I've been busy with the car and changeing jobs etc, so not had time to post.

I dont know what make the spray filler is, apart from it being 2 pack, I initially mixed it 5 to 1 with hardener and 10% thinners to roller it on. I found that the "edges" left all over the car by the roller made life difficult so i have been spraying 5/1/1 mix as recommended by the guy who gives me the paint (thats why i dont know the make)

progress has been very slow, and I'm having a miserable time getting the shape right, especially the roof and rear quarters.

I've decided to let my sponsor (the guy giving me the paint) finish off the final prep and top coats and I'm going for Lagoon Blue with a silver roof .. . . . . . I think!!

Jason, there used to be a light blue plus 2 in Bedford with a private plate ("ANN" and some numbers). My mum and the lady concerned used to flash and wave to each other regularly (mum had a '67 plus 2 in red)

Mark
tower of strength
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: alaric » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:38 pm

I went for Lagoon Blue, but didn't go for the silver roof. It's quite a difficult colour to photograph. I'm very pleased with it.

Sean.
Attachments
Elan_front_view.JPG and
+2 on return from restoration
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: