Latest info on Zetec/Duratec--Type 9/MT75 swop?

PostPost by: Garibaldi » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:30 pm

Greetings Gentlepeople:

Please bear with my (in)frequent, seemingly random, questions. My research to decision ratio is approximately 50:1.

Assuming a stock-chassised +2, is there a consensus on which engine/gearbox combination is the easiest to install (not including the standard combination, thank you very much)? Choices are: Zetec (as fitted to Focus SVT (ST200?) and 2.0 Duratec for engines; and Type 9 or MT75 for gearboxes. I read through quite a bit of the archives, but the thread over at "Things in Common" suggests the need for a definitive list of necessary spares with part numbers.

Perhaps someone could point me to a relevant web page?

BTW, I will be cross-posting this on other mailing lists; I hope that's okay. More eyeballs, as it were.

Regards,
GP
Garibaldi
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: lotuselan2 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:42 pm

Is a BDR an option for you? Is is not a modern engine but power potential for a streetable car is much higher than a TC. Conversion is almost a swap for the TC except for an easy mod to the hood (bonnet). Big exhaust pipes are a tough fit as with a TC.

I wish I had an easy answer for the tranny but in the US the answers are a lot less available than in UK or Europe.
'69 Lotus Elan +2 with Cosworth BDR
'84 Ferrari 400i
'94 Subaru SVX
'04 Audi allroad
lotuselan2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Garibaldi » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:46 pm

lotuselan2 wrote:Is a BDR an option for you? Is is not a modern engine but power potential for a streetable car is much higher than a TC. Conversion is almost a swap for the TC except for an easy mod to the hood (bonnet). Big exhaust pipes are a tough fit as with a TC.

I wish I had an easy answer for the tranny but in the US the answers are a lot less available than in UK or Europe.

Buying from the UK is not an issue for me.

GP
Garibaldi
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: