Valuation

PostPost by: b-havers » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:15 am

Elanintheforest wrote:Bjorn-Anders ...just looked at the photos a bit more closely. Was the car originally Pistachio Green? Should have L13 as the paint code on the Vin Plate. I've always wanted a Pistachio Green Plus 2 :roll:
Mark

I've had a quick view.
It's hard to tell, as the car is in a dark carport, but it looks to me that the paint code is L013 - so it obviously sometime in the past was "ugly green"..
Should have been BRG, at least...
Bjorn-Anders, Norway
'95 Caterham Seven Roadsport
'02 Elise Supercharged
ex Europa S2
ex Elan +2S 130
ex Esprit Turbo
ex Caterham SS

Life is too short to drive boring cars
b-havers
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:05 pm

I thought there was a Pistachio car lurking under the temporary disguise of blue paint...but 'Ugly Green?? :shock:

The only other cars of the era brave enough to use this colour were the Lamborghina Muira and Lancia Stratos...pretty posh company. I expect that many of them have been repainted a more conservative hue as well.

I realise that I am in a very small minority liking this colour...something to do with mis-spent youth in the 60s and 70s I expect 8)
Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: b-havers » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:51 pm

Personally I think the blue color suits the Elan quite well ,-)
Bjorn-Anders, Norway
'95 Caterham Seven Roadsport
'02 Elise Supercharged
ex Europa S2
ex Elan +2S 130
ex Esprit Turbo
ex Caterham SS

Life is too short to drive boring cars
b-havers
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: jhogne » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:59 am

It appears to me that Lotus did not sell many +2 S130 versions in the states. This is not based on fact, only because I cannot locate any through the internet. Does anyone have any sales figures for LHD cars imported to US?

I am thinking of importing a LHD , which are hard to find but I have not seen any comparables for sale in the states. Pricing guides in the US typically only show the standard +2 for valuations. Any thoughts from people experienced purchasing in the states?

Thanks
Johan
jhogne
New-tral

Previous

Total Online: