SKK 992G Royal Blue Elan+2 Spyder Zetec

PostPost by: pete_exe » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:40 am

Thanks Alan and Mike for rapid response which has convinced me to go with this colour. The codes would be helpful, and recommended primer colour. It's original, with 'contemporary twist'. Is there a paint and supplier you'd recommend (i'm in South West)? Best regards, Pete
pete_exe
New-tral

PostPost by: pharriso » Tue May 03, 2011 11:57 pm

Spyder fan wrote:Gordon
The Elite is for sale.... Give Paul Matty a ring.... Make sure you are sitting comfortably before asking the price:-)

I'm a bit confused ... Matty appears to have 2 Elites, a beautiful claret/ silver S2 & a yellow racer, but I don't see your car.

Did you try to sell through club elite or Greg Paris?

I'd be interested in details, e-mail if you like to pph<at>lionheartsolutions.com

Regards
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Wed May 04, 2011 7:15 am

pharriso wrote:
Spyder fan wrote:Gordon
The Elite is for sale.... Give Paul Matty a ring.... Make sure you are sitting comfortably before asking the price:-)

I'm a bit confused ... Matty appears to have 2 Elites, a beautiful claret/ silver S2 & a yellow racer, but I don't see your car.

Did you try to sell through club elite or Greg Paris?

I'd be interested in details, e-mail if you like to pph<at>lionheartsolutions.com

Regards

The car belongs (belonged) to my friend Don Hands, I have emailed you his details, he has definitely sold 'Cybil' (CBL) to Paul Matty, but he is probably preparing the car for sale or has already sold it on to a waiting buyer.

Regards
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: markb16v » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:58 am

Hi, i have stumbled upon this thread whilst trawling google in the hunt for a paint code :P

I am looking to paint my track car in the same blue that was found on the Tyrrell 009, which I was tipped off as being Ford royal blue from the 70's, which seems to be the colour your Elan is! or at least a bloody good match.

Would you mind sharing the paint code? It would be much appreciated :D
markb16v
New-tral

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:06 am

Mark,
Sorry for the delay in replying;

The paint code is L09 Royal Blue PJ 6170Z1920 ICI P030 7557

It's an original Lotus offered colour of the period, but they probably borrowed it from another manufacturer. I have had anoraks come up to me and tell me it's a Porsche colour and they know this because their uncle's best mates wife had a cousin who owned one.... you get the picture I'm sure :lol:

Regards
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:08 pm

As Ken Tyrrell was a timber merchant, there is every chance he used Dulux paint. :wink:

It is/was a lovely colour.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: markb16v » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Brilliant, thanks Alan.

Yes agreed its a lovely colour
markb16v
New-tral

PostPost by: Pastapesto » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:49 pm

Alan

I think it was known (by Porsche) as Ossi Blau or Ossiblau, take your pick.

I was told that by Miles Wilkins when he painted my +2 many years ago & I suppose he would know that, wouldn't he?

I am now removing my anorak and going to lay down in a dark room.

Adam

p.s. Any new pics of the car?
Pastapesto
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: