Stoneleigh Follow-ups

PostPost by: berni29 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:20 pm

Hi There All

I certainly was good to see everyone, and its very interesting seeing other plus 2's, especially when they have ABS and forced indution! By the way Tim, I think that your engine mounts are soft. It was jumping about a bit more than I would have expected when idling. Like a lot more. I though that Niall's Zetec was the best one that i have seen so far, mainly because it seems to sit and look "right"...well done on getting it together. Seeing and hearing the engine running has made me determned to fuel inject my twincam!

It will be good to see us all again at the next meet.....

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:48 am

Simon
Yes,get the pictures posted
John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: cliveyboy » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:14 am

Simon
I was intending to make some bosses for tightening the knock ons but there is one already on the market and I know another guy in America who has just started producing another cheaper version.
I have no idea what the prices are but I have the contact details for the guy in America if it helps.
Clive
1972 Elan Sprint FHC
cliveyboy
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: tdafforn » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:00 pm

Post away...
tdafforn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tdafforn » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:03 pm

Hi Berni,
thanks for the head up on the engine mounts..
How much work are they to replace (I am at work at the mo and hence can't look at the car!)
Cheers
tim
PS strangely, someone else on Sunday commented about how smoothly my +2 was idling. Perhaps they were taking the piss?
tdafforn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: fasterbyelan » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:14 pm

Or may be they just don't know and/or they run on Strombergs !

Karl

PS It was good to put a few names to faces on Sunday and the suggestion of a LotusElan.net meet sounds first class.
fasterbyelan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:49 am

Hi Tim

Changing the engine mounts is one of the easier jobs. I am pretty sure that yours are shot. As far as the idle is concerned mere mortals and tinkerers like ourselves are never going to be able to balance a 2p piece on its edge on the cam cover, but you should be able to keep a cup of tea there.

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Si_130/5 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:41 pm

There are 9 photos taken at Stoneleigh (car park) now in the gallery for anyone who is interested.

Best wishes

Si
Si_130/5
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: