For Sale (Hyman Ltd)

PostPost by: cal44 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:11 pm

No affiliation. I will say that is one heck of an ask..............
http://www.hymanltd.com/search/Details. ... rdCount=32

I question the color.

Mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "Mad Dog" James Mattis United States Marines
cal44
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: CBUEB1771 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:19 pm

cal44 wrote:I will say that is one heck of an ask..............

I agree however it appears to be very original with many of the Federal emissions control components still in place. The fascia is an odd reproduction, I would have stayed with the correct burl veneer. What intrigues me most is the unit number, 0172N, as mine is 0170N, they must have been on the boat together. Both this and mine have the manufacturing month, August 1971.
Russ Newton
Elan +2S (1971)
Elite S2 (1962)
CBUEB1771
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Gordon Sauer » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:58 am

Color on id plate shows L012 but id plate facing toward driver behind windshield washer squirter motor--never seen id plate that direction, usually square with you as you look in engine compartment and then debate about whether can read it from one side or the other! Gordon Sauer
Gordon Sauer
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: CBUEB1771 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:47 am

CBUEB1771 wrote:it appears to be very original with many of the Federal emissions control components still in place.

I have to correct myself, clearly this +2 is not very original having been extensively restored. I should have said that the restoration was unusually true to the period specification.
Russ Newton
Elan +2S (1971)
Elite S2 (1962)
CBUEB1771
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Sea Ranch » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:31 am

Thanks for posting this, Mike. Beautiful car, no doubt, and I for one love the asking price. More power to them (now that I have a +2 of my own :mrgreen: )

Here are a couple more questions to add to the thread:
The serial number: why is it in the old (pre-1970) style with model number (50) at the front??? And Russ, obviously you have a similar situation with your car. But my February 70 car has the "new" numbering system, beginning with the year.

I love the dash wood chosen (not a big fan of the rosewood burl on my car, as it's too dark) but agree they should have stayed with factory spec. Having said that, what's with the map light location?? I've never seen it mounted on the dash like that; always on the padded trim under the glove box.

As for colour, code L012 is Lagoon Blue (your colour, Mike) but the body looks to be in L02: French Blue. ??? :?

Beautiful car!!

Randy
Sea Ranch
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Sea Ranch » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:36 am

Sea Ranch wrote:The serial number: why is it in the old (pre-1970) style with model number (50) at the front???

Okay, I'm answering my own question. Studied the pic a little more closely and see that it conforms to the new numbering system.

Pay attention, Randy! :roll:
Sea Ranch
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:33 pm

Salut

When they're restored to new they look goodnin any colour.

I'd really like to find some of those fed' seats for mine.

Bonne ann?e.

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: 3lotus » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:08 am

Hi All,
I know this car well. It was restored by a perfectionist (retired aircraft machinist), who is an old friend of mine. He lives in the central coast region of Ca.. He sold it to fund his vintage racing fun.
I was never a big fan of the color but I've never seen a nicer +2 or Elan. He did not cut any corners. I hate the term "better than new" , but his is probably one that deserves that title. I think those wheels are magnesium minilights as well. It's seems to have been through a few hands since he's sold it. Mostly dealers. Hopefully it will find a loving owner in the end.
3lotus
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Sea Ranch » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:36 am

Thanks for the background.

Agreed: it needs a "real" owner.
Sea Ranch
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: CBUEB1771 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:24 pm

3lotus wrote:I think those wheels are magnesium minilights as well.

I was wondering about that, the advertisement says Panasport they look more like Minilite than Panasport.
Russ Newton
Elan +2S (1971)
Elite S2 (1962)
CBUEB1771
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: