plus 2 sidelight lens screw

PostPost by: TonyA » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:32 pm

Merry Xmas all. Does anyone know the thread type of the philips screws that secure the plastic sidelight lens (two on each). Mine have a length of 1inch, diameter of 9/64 and are not magnetic so likely stainless. I dropped and nearly lost one, so looking to know what to search for as a spare 'just in case' Thx...
TonyA
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:51 pm

Think they are BA threads
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:41 pm

@elanfan - Are they also Pozidriv screws? The ones on my S3 had the marks on the head.
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mikealdren » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:48 am

TonyA wrote:Merry Xmas all. Does anyone know the thread type of the philips screws that secure the plastic sidelight lens (two on each). Mine have a length of 1inch, diameter of 9/64 and are not magnetic so likely stainless. I dropped and nearly lost one, so looking to know what to search for as a spare 'just in case' Thx...

I suspect they're plated brass.
mikealdren
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: TonyA » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:35 am

The philips screw size for the plastic lenses of the sidelights and indeed also the tail lights of the plus 2 are 6-32 UNC. They can be bought in stainless at Spalding Fasteners.

Ps. for those who thought BA, not so: 4BA has a very close diameter, but at 44tpi, much too fine a thread.

Tony
TonyA
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: