Fitting radiator grill - photos needed

PostPost by: NYK » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:14 pm

I need to confirm to the body shop the correct fit/fitting of the front grill, any photos greatly appreciated. Ideally I would like any photos ASAP

Thanks
Nic
NYK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:59 pm

dscf0507.jpg and
dscf0506.jpg and
Hi Nic,
You do not say which car it is for or what you want to know.
However as it is apparently urgent how is this.
Cheers
Eric in Burnley
S3SE DHC
Attachments
dscf0508.jpg and
ericbushby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: NYK » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:04 pm

Thanks Eric, you have guessed correctly it is a Plus 2. So if I interpret your photos correctly the grill should be inside the nose aperture and right at the back. The reason I asked is that the manky old grill I inherited with the dismantled car appears to be a bit larger than the aperture and hence would need to be essentially fitted behind the aperture. I grafted on a complete newly moulded front section so presume the fibreglass to be correct and the grill to be wrong.

I just needed to confirm with the body shop how it should be assembled as they were working on that part of the car today.
NYK
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:10 pm

Nic,
mine is an S3 and now mine looks manky in close up. I`m not doing that again, I can find enough work.
Glad to help.
Eric in Burnley
1967 S3SE DHC
ericbushby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:11 pm

Some pictures here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=42135

Note the orientation of the tabs on the grille with clip on fasteners that take self tapping screws. The Plus 2 grille fits behind the opening with the screws going through the fibreglass (which should already be holed) into these clip on fasteners. It does not use P clips (which Eric's Elan seems to have).
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: NYK » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:45 pm

Fitting behind is good, as that is what I told the body shop this morning, was worried I had misled them.
NYK
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: