Installing Early Plus 2 Window Switches

PostPost by: Chrispy » Sat May 04, 2019 1:59 am

I?m making a new dash for my early plus 2. It has then little chrome rocker switches and the previous dash had these recessed so the little rockers were completely on the face side of the dash. They were mounted on some very homemade tin brackets. Looking at other photos this doesn?t appear to be correct.

How are the switches supposed to be mounted? From my experimenting it appears that the switch needs to be recessed slightly to get the height right. Is there another bracket needed, or just a screw through the mounting hole on the top and bottom of the switch? A picture of the back would Ben muchly appreciated!
Chris
Elan +2 #0245
Exige S2 Supercharged
Chrispy
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: pptom » Sat May 04, 2019 6:06 am

Found a pic off the rear of mine, no idea if the dash is original, see the bottom left corner. My rocker switches just had a screw through top and bottom, no bracket.
Attachments
2dsc_1564-540x960.jpg and
pptom
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: TeeJay » Sat May 04, 2019 4:10 pm

Chris.
I re veneered my 1968 dash and yes the PO added a Fog and Spot lamp.

The Dash Front photo is after I completed the dash, the Dash Rear is as I stripped the dash.

You will have to zoom in on the dash rear; the window switch has the red marking around it
From the photos, the front shows that the window switch only protrudes just past the surface of the dash, that?s the part of the switch that the finger and part of the curved parts that moves it up or down.
The rear of the switch screws onto the face of the rear.

Hope the explanation makes some sense.

dash-front.jpg and
Dash Front Re Veneered

dash-rear.jpg and
Dash Rear
Trevor
1968 Elan +2 50/0173
TeeJay
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Chrispy » Sat May 04, 2019 10:11 pm

Thank you both! Exactly what I was hoping to see :D