LRP.....withdrawn?

PostPost by: types26/36 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:41 am

I dont want to restart the debate on "which,why and you should use this or that" petrol/aditive thread so no advice please, I just want to know if LRP has been totally withdrawn as my local supplier has ceased to sell it.
Brian.
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Hamish Coutts » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:46 am

Brian,

I have looked for LRP in my travels but so far have not seen any for sale. Looks like it has been withdrawn. :(
Haven't seen any official announcements though.

Regards,

Hamish.
"One day I'll finish the restoration - honest, darling, just a few more years....."
Hamish Coutts
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: M100 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:09 am

If you want to you can still buy leaded petrol in the UK (last I checked it was at least 20-25p a litre more than unleaded)

http://www.leadedpetrol.co.uk/leadedpetrol.pdf

There is no desperate reason to run on leaded or lrp on the twincam though. I found 97 octane (super unleaded) works just fine and so I've run more or less exclusively on unleaded for the past 10 years (around 70k miles) on my 72 Sprint. In the very early days I slung in a few bottles of leaded additive but I don't bother anymore and its still held the valve clearances and leakdown figures that it had when new.

It probably helps a bit if you have colsibro valve guides (the cast iron ones are supposed to stick if run on unleaded) but the standard valve and valve seat material cause no problems.
M100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: