Getting Stuff Done

PostPost by: elan_fan » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:31 pm

After having both of my front rims scratched :o by the know-it-all pratt at my local kwik-fit after doing my best to make him understand the need for care his reply was "well they are old anyway" I was wondering what you guys do or say or where you go to get things done that you can't do your self such as mot's or tyre fitting etc.

regards
Mark
elan_fan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: andrewdmoore » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:39 am

Never let anyone near your car who is younger than your car!

Seriously I wouldn't dream of going anywhere near a national chain for anything, you must have some friernds with classics that know of small back street garages owned by 40 or 50 year old types who would relish the chance to work on a Lotus. Did you check the directory that came with the last Club Lotus News?

As regards Kwik Fit, I would write to Tom Farmer the top man. He is sh*t hot on customer service and I'm sure he would ensure you were appropriately compensated for the damage.

Regards, Andrew
andrewdmoore
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:07 pm

I would certainly second those comments. I NEVER go to any of the big national chains for tyres/MOT etc. I know of a local independent garage that does MOT tyres, it helps that I know the owner. The mechanic is older than the car and really knows his stuff. He also appreciates that I am an enthusiastic amateur and keen to learn, so he does not talk down to me and explains the finer technical details.

You need to find a similar garage near you. ;)
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elan_fan » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:16 pm

Thanks for the replies :D to be honest i'm still smarting because I knew they wouldn't do the job properly but I gave them the benefit of the doubt which in hind sight was a mistake.

regards Mark
elan_fan
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: