New Elan owner!

PostPost by: rcombs » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi everyone,

I brought Bill Kluczynki's '67 Elan S/E (listed in the for sale section) to it's new home in Westfield, Indiana this past weekend. I know Bill hated to see it go. Going from a '66 Mustang to a "67 Elan is a big change. I have a lot to learn, and from what I have seen here, there is a wealth of knowledge on this site.

Thanks,
Rick
rcombs
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:57 pm

Welcome to the forum!

It looks like you have a really interesting car. I too have a S3 S/E dhc, I searched high and low for a good one, they are thin on the ground.

I was really tempted by your car, but it's LHD and I'm in the UK, but there can't be many one owner cars left. Please take and post lots of photos.

:D
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ensign42 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:03 am

Rick-
Welcome to the club! I just got my S2 this summer. I am in Lafayette, IN. Feel free to drop me a line, I would love to talk with you and possibly share some info.

Will
-Will
26/5175
ensign42
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: lotocone » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Welcome Rick. Yes, there's a wealth of information here, as you said. Lots of helpful Elan owners too. Brian Buckland's book The Rebuilding of a Lotus Elan would probably help a lot with plenty of pictures to refer to. Hope you enjoy the Elan.
Bob
1969 S4
lotocone
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: